Thursday, January 15, 2009

PUZZLED FOR A LONG TIME!


Puzzles . . . I love 'em and this one was a doozie! Before the holidays while perusing the web I came across the artist, Charlie Harper, whose artistry is based on "minimal realism" in his works with birds and animals. "I don't count feathers, I just count wings" and so his work is "geometric shapes and vivid colors". Many of our family members and friends received a 2009 calendar that features drawings of Charlie Harper . . . and I gave myself this 1000 piece puzzle. The birds were fun and "puzzling". . . and then I had too many totally blue - no hues or gradation of blue - pieces left - yikes - I considered not finishing it, but today, I finished it! So kudos to me -that I stuck to it and finished it - isn't it beautiful? Charlie Harper has a museum in Cincinnati and we may try to find it on way home from Florida. (If you wish to see some of Harper's products/works go to pomegranate.com)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed by your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete