




A walk to the marina is bordered by water and woods which provide an opportunity for peace and quiet . . . most of the time. There are always birds to observe, alligators, and fish. I like to stop mid-way just to look around - to observe some birds - like an ibis trying to balance on a limb yesterday. I giggled . . . all by myself down there. The ibis is probably blogging to fellow birds about this silly woman. There's the great blue heron standing as straight as a sentry, an egret immersed in water waiting to pounce on his dinner, an alligator sunning itself, fish/tilapia jumping out of the water leaving large concentric circles. There is the sweet/shy moorhen . . . and then there are those noisy woodpeckers interrupting the quiet with their industrious pecking. As I proceed further toward the lake I often hear the barred owl call reminding me of my close encounter with him, and lately I've seen an increasing amount of warblers who are beginning their migration north. There are those raucous red-shouldered hawks mating again - often I might add. My faithful flying friends down here . . . the ibis, the tri-colored heron, the northern mockingbird are most often present. The northern mockingbird has the most entertaining "voice" I have ever heard. I never tire of the his variations on a theme. At the end of the paved walk are docks for boats, but the water level is so low that few boats are moored there. But the water is beautiful and quiet and I love to sit there for a few minutes, contemplating the beauty of God's creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment